Despite clearly contradicting Swedish law, underage immigrant wives have been repeatedly allowed to stay with their husbands by Sweden’s local municipalities, which defend their decisions by citing humanitarian issues. An immigrant crisis of unprecedented proportions has brought with it problems which Sweden hadn’t known previously, such as polygamy and underage brides. Recently, two juvenile immigrant girls in Karlskrona were reported to be staying with their husbands. Neither of the girls was separated from their adult men, even though minors are not allowed to tie the knot in Sweden.

One of the cases involves an underage wife who came to Karlskrona with her husband and a small child. In the other case, the girl was pregnant upon arrival. Despite these obvious violations of Swedish law, Karlskrona Social Committee chairperson Ingrid Hermansson of the Center Party defended the municipality’s decision. The rule of the thumb in such cases, the community acts “for the child’s best” interest.

“We do not accept or condone child marriages, but the law also states that individual trials should be conducted in each case. Our assessment was that the girls could live with their men during the asylum process,” Ingrid Hermansson said during the debate with the regional council, as quoted by the local newspaper Blekinge Läns Tidning. This approach, however, was not shared by Camilla Brunsberg of the Conservative Party, who contended that the couples should have been dissolved. According to Brunsberg, the girls should have instead been placed in a residential care home for children and young persons, whereas their spouses should have been referred to the Migration Board’s asylum residence. Brunsberg argued that there was no other alternative, as all other solutions implied that Sweden was backtracking in its acceptance of child marriage.

Brunsberg also voiced doubt whether the underage girls really dare to say the truth about their situation when interrogated by Swedish authorities, suggesting that individual assessments in reality did not carry much weight. Nevertheless, Ingrid Hermansson argued that individual trials in cases of underage immigrants who are married will continue to be held, at least until the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SKL) comes up with different guidelines on the matter.

At present, Swedish legislation on child marriages seems to be applied differently in different municipalities. Earlier this year, the Administrative Court of Växjö ruled that a 14-year-old pregnant girl could be placed with her adult husband’s immigrant family, arguing that this was part of their culture. Remarkably, both the girl and her spouse were highly critical of the Swedish law banning underage marriage. “When you are the midst of war and fleeing for your life, you do not think about the laws in force in the country you’re heading to,” the girl told the Swedish tabloid newspaper Expressen.

Previously, the Migration Board identified 132 married children, of them 129 girls and 3 boys, most of them coming from Syria, Iraq and Afghanisatan. Most of them were 16 or 17, while 14 of them were aged 15 or under. Part of the problem is that neither the Migration Board nor the Swedish municipalities have any routine to detect married minors. Therefore, no comprehensive assessments have been made. In its current state, the Swedish marriage law has fetched a lot of criticism from, among others, Swedish star advocate and women’s rights campaigner Elisabeth Massi Fritz, who called this practice “unacceptable.” Earlier, the Swedish authorities, including Justice Minister Morgan Johansson and Minister of Children Åsa Regnér, have repeatedly pledged to review the law on child marriages.

88 thoughts on “Sweden has legalized child marriages For Muslim refugees who come from countries where Sharia was the law of the land

• June 30, 2018 at 6:26 pm

Black on black in the Charger I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

• July 1, 2018 at 9:07 am

Black on black in the Charg I’m creepin’ Rub me the right way, you might get a genie B.o.B, black Houdini

• July 1, 2018 at 3:13 pm

• July 2, 2018 at 8:11 am

Hi there this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG
    editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting
    a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to
    get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

• July 2, 2018 at 8:20 am

I blog frequently and I really appreciate your content. This great
    article has really peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I opted in for your Feed as well.

• July 3, 2018 at 9:53 am

I comment whenever I like a post on a website or I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation. Usually it is caused by the fire communicated in the article I browsed. And on this post. I was moved enough to drop a thought 😉 I actually do have a few questions for you if you tend not to mind. Is it simply me or does it seem like some of the comments come across like written by brain dead visitors? 😛 And, if you are writing on other online social sites, I’d like to keep up with everything new you have to post. Would you make a list the complete urls of all your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

• July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm

• July 3, 2018 at 4:40 pm

• July 4, 2018 at 10:49 am

Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make
    my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Many thanks

• July 4, 2018 at 11:16 am

There is definately a great deal to find out about this issue.
    I love all the points you made.

• July 5, 2018 at 5:03 pm

• July 7, 2018 at 1:28 am

• July 7, 2018 at 11:35 am

Thanks for every other informative site. Where else may
    just I get thatt type of information written in such a perfect approach?
    I’ve a venture that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the glance
    out for such info.

• July 7, 2018 at 6:40 pm

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites
    I stumbleupon every day. It wll always be excitung to read
    through content from other writers and practice a little something from their websites.

• July 10, 2018 at 2:24 pm

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this
    blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem
    on my end or if it’s the blog. Any suggestions would
    be greatly appreciated.

• July 10, 2018 at 2:49 pm

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the favor”.I am
    attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of
    your ideas!!

• July 10, 2018 at 6:24 pm

Country furniture has been a staple of American homes since the country was first founded. Today, primitive country furniture is neither primitive or old, but it does recall a time when life was simpler, fine furniture was cherished and families often passed down their most prized pieces from one generation to another. With this in mind, modern primitive country furniture was born. Even though these pieces are new, they have been aged and weathered to give them that generations-old look that many homeowners prize as a theme for their home, whether it’s a single room or the entire house. Primitive country furniture is easy to spot, yet not all that easy to define. The finish is usually the first thing you’ll notice. The paint may look crackled, there may be wear marks around the drawers or the drawer pulls and the surface of the wood may be careworn and have a few imperfections.

• July 11, 2018 at 12:08 am

You’re in some serious need of relaxation. That’s where a site like http://www.camgirl.pw comes in handy. You can do a whole lot of relaxing there. You’ll find plenty of fun girls to talk to. These are the hottest and most wild girls on the internet. Chat with them and have yourself a good time.

• July 11, 2018 at 6:32 am

I like it! Interesting information over this website. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.| I could not resist commenting. I ‘ve spent some hours looking for such article. I’ll also share it with a couple of friends interested in it. I’ve just bookmarked this website. Now with the task done, I going to watch some Russia 2018 Webcams. Thank you!! Regards from Mundial 2018!

• July 11, 2018 at 3:15 pm

Definitely consider that that you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the simplest thing
    to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed
    even as folks think about issues that they plainly
    do not understand about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as defined out the entire
    thing with no need side-effects , people can take
    a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you

• July 11, 2018 at 9:50 pm

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

• July 11, 2018 at 9:51 pm

certainly know how to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

• July 12, 2018 at 5:56 am

Hey there are using WordPress for your blog platform?

I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create my own. Do you require any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

• July 12, 2018 at 6:05 am

Great post right here. One thing I’d like to say is that often most professional career fields consider the Bachelor’s Degree just as the entry level requirement for an online course. When Associate Degrees are a great way to begin with, completing your Bachelors opens up many entrance doors to various careers, there are numerous internet Bachelor Diploma Programs available from institutions like The University of Phoenix, Intercontinental University Online and Kaplan. Another concern is that many brick and mortar institutions offer you Online editions of their qualifications but commonly for a significantly higher amount of money than the providers that specialize in online qualification programs.

• July 12, 2018 at 11:48 am

Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts
    and I am waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.

• July 13, 2018 at 6:21 pm

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am
    impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part 🙂
    I care for such info much. I was looking forr this certain info for a long
    time. Thank yoou and good luck.

• July 13, 2018 at 11:38 pm

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to
    no back up. Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?

• July 14, 2018 at 12:35 am

-Discover How to Reverse Infertility and Get Pregnant Almost At Any Age, Even If You’ve Tried Everything And Nothing Has Ever Worked For You Before

• July 14, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Your style iis unique compared to other folks I
    have read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity,
    Guess I’ll just bookmark this blog.

• July 15, 2018 at 3:45 pm

Thanks for your post. I also believe that laptop computers have become more and more popular currently, and now tend to be the only kind of computer employed in a household. This is because at the same time actually becoming more and more inexpensive, their working power is growing to the point where they can be as potent as desktop computers out of just a few years ago.

• July 15, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine? With thanks! Valuable information!

• July 15, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Thanks for expressing your ideas in this article. The other point is that if a problem appears with a laptop or computer motherboard, persons should not consider the risk involving repairing it themselves because if it is not done properly it can lead to irreparable damage to an entire laptop. Most commonly it is safe just to approach any dealer of any laptop for any repair of the motherboard. They’ve got technicians who’ve an experience in dealing with mobile computer motherboard troubles and can get the right diagnosis and perform repairs.

• July 16, 2018 at 10:37 am

One thing I would like to say is that before getting more pc memory, take a look at the machine within which it can be installed. In case the machine is usually running Windows XP, for instance, the memory ceiling is 3.25GB. Adding more than this would purely constitute just a waste. Make certain that one’s mother board can handle the particular upgrade quantity, as well. Thanks for your blog post.

• July 16, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Good blog post. The things i would like to contribute is that computer system memory has to be purchased should your computer still can’t cope with whatever you do with it. One can set up two random access memory boards having 1GB each, for instance, but not certainly one of 1GB and one with 2GB. One should make sure the maker’s documentation for one’s PC to make sure what type of ram is necessary.

• July 16, 2018 at 5:32 pm

A few things i have observed in terms of laptop memory is that often there are specific features such as SDRAM, DDR and many others, that must fit the specs of the mother board. If the personal computer’s motherboard is fairly current while there are no os issues, improving the memory space literally takes under one hour. It’s on the list of easiest laptop or computer upgrade types of procedures one can imagine. Thanks for spreading your ideas.

• July 16, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestions you have shared here. Yet another thing I would like to state is that computer system memory requirements generally go up along with other advances in the technological innovation. For instance, if new generations of cpus are introduced to the market, there is usually a related increase in the type preferences of both computer system memory in addition to hard drive space. This is because the application operated simply by these cpus will inevitably boost in power to leverage the new technologies.

• July 16, 2018 at 7:49 pm

I have really learned result-oriented things by means of your web site. One other thing I would really like to say is always that newer computer system operating systems tend to allow additional memory to be used, but they as well demand more memory space simply to run. If someone’s computer can not handle a lot more memory and the newest application requires that storage increase, it could be the time to shop for a new PC. Thanks

• July 16, 2018 at 9:54 pm

One thing I would really like to say is the fact before obtaining more pc memory, consider the machine directly into which it could well be installed. Should the machine can be running Windows XP, for instance, the actual memory ceiling is 3.25GB. Installing above this would simply constitute any waste. Make certain that one’s motherboard can handle an upgrade quantity, as well. Good blog post.

• July 16, 2018 at 10:29 pm

Wonderful items from you, man. I have bear inn mind your stuff previous to and
    you are just extremely excellent. I really like what you have got rioght here, really like what you are saying and the
    way iin which bby which you assert it. You’re making it entertaining and you still care for to keep it
    sensible. I cant wait to learn much mre from you.
    That is really a great site.

• July 16, 2018 at 10:40 pm

One thing I would like to say is the fact before getting more computer system memory, check out the machine in which it would be installed. In case the machine is actually running Windows XP, for instance, the actual memory threshold is 3.25GB. Putting in over this would basically constitute just a waste. Make sure that one’s motherboard can handle your upgrade quantity, as well. Interesting blog post.

• July 17, 2018 at 1:13 am

I have seen many useful things on your site about desktops. However, I have the impression that lap tops are still less than powerful adequately to be a good option if you generally do jobs that require many power, just like video editing and enhancing. But for website surfing, microsoft word processing, and quite a few other prevalent computer functions they are okay, provided you don’t mind the screen size. Many thanks for sharing your ideas.

• July 17, 2018 at 1:15 am

I’ve learned result-oriented things as a result of your blog site. One other thing I’d prefer to say is always that newer computer operating systems often allow much more memory to be used, but they also demand more ram simply to function. If people’s computer cannot handle much more memory as well as the newest program requires that storage increase, it usually is the time to shop for a new Computer system. Thanks

• July 17, 2018 at 3:37 am

Thanks for helping me to acquire new ideas about desktops. I also have belief that one of the best ways to help keep your laptop in leading condition is to use a hard plastic-type case, or perhaps shell, that matches over the top of one’s computer. These types of protective gear will be model targeted since they are manufactured to fit perfectly on the natural covering. You can buy these directly from the vendor, or through third party sources if they are available for your laptop computer, however not every laptop will have a covering on the market. All over again, thanks for your suggestions.